Business Advisor Position
Frontenac Business Services is one of 267 Community Futures Development Corporation organizations across Canada. It is a not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government with a mandate to promote business development, job creation, and strengthen the rural economy.
Frontenac Business Services is seeking an experienced professional with strong financial analysis proficiency, business counselling ability, as well as exceptional interpersonal and computer skills.
This position may be full or part-time to accommodate the successful candidate.
- Counselling small business owners and individuals looking to start a business in the County of Frontenac
- Reviewing, analyzing, and assessing loan applications for consideration by the volunteer Investment Committee
- Implementing loans and managing the existing portfolio
- Completing regular client visits as well as community outreach and networking events
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in business, commerce, or finance;
- Experience in business loan management, including the preparation of security documents and knowledge of the Personal Property Security Act is an asset;
- A minimum of three years of experience providing business counselling, financial analysis, and business plan assessment or equivalent;
- The ability to problem-solve and detail oriented;
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team while consistently presenting a professional attitude and demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and strict confidentiality;
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including MS Office and the ability to learn loan management systems;
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to liaise with relevant organizations;
- Knowledge of local economic trends, demographics, available business startup programming, and relevant small business services;
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle;
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a CPIC
Wondering if this role is for you?
Individuals in this role throughout the Community Futures Development network have previously held a variety of positions including commercial banking, accounting, business development, teaching business at a post-secondary level, and self-employment. The organization will pay for a loans course for a successful applicant who does not have the lending experience, with the expectation that they complete the course on their own time within 6 months.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $80,000 per year, with 3 weeks of vacation per year. We also offer a 5% contribution to the employee’s self-directed RSP and Health and Dental benefits after three months of employment.
Our office is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. This position will require working one evening per month to cover board meetings and the occasional after-hours business networking events. You will primarily work from our office in Harrowsmith and will also attend client visits and community networking events.
At Frontenac Business Services we value our employees and are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you are passionate about small business and economic development and are looking for an exciting new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with a “re” line of Business Advisor in confidence to
Anne Prichard, Executive Director
Frontenac Business Services
5062 Rd 38, Unit 8, Harrowsmith, ON K0H 1V0
Applications will be accepted until noon, Friday, August 4, 2023 with virtual pre-screen interviews taking place August 8th and interviews August 10th. We thank you for your interest and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.